COVID -19 UPDATES:
This webpage is dedicated to coronavirus updates as it relates to Elk Grove Food Bank Services.
Updated as of Thursday, April 9, 2020
- For the latest news and updates from Sacramento County of Public Health, please visit: https://www.saccounty.net/COVID-19/Pages/default.aspx
- For California state news, please visit: https://covid19.ca.gov/
The Elk Grove Food Bank remains open and continues to serve our community. Because the Food Bank has been designated as an essential service, our employees and volunteers have authorization to conduct the essential business services that we are tasked to provide.
While there is a recommendation for those over 65 to self-isolate to prevent exposure, there is not a mandate to do so. We understand and respect that this is a personal decision to be made by the individual. That being said, we are asking each volunteer and staff member, regardless of age, to stay home if they display any signs of illness or come in contact with anyone who is ill, and to follow all Sacramento Public Health Department and California Department of Public Health protocols.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
WHAT ARE YOUR HOURS AND WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
Our warehouse distribution hours are Mondays through Fridays from 10 am to 3 pm and Saturdays from 9 am to noon. Please note that while our food distribution remains open and ready to serve, Cathy’s Clothes Closet is temporarily closed for clients and donations at this time.
The Food Bank is located at 9820 Dino Drive, Suite 140, Elk Grove, 95624.
WHAT OTHER SERVICES DO YOU PROVIDE?
Utility Assistance for P.G & E and SMUD: residents living in “95624” zip code are eligible for assistance through a Community Development Block Grant through the City of Elk Grove.
CalFresh (Food Stamps): Application assistance is available.
Kay Veteran’s Assistance Program: Case management, Information and Referral, Food, Clothing and resources available to men and women veterans in our local community.
Pet Pantry: We strive to have dog and cat food available for families and individuals for their “furry” loved ones.
For additional information, including how to sign up for services, please call the Elk Grove Food Bank at (916) 685-8453.
HOW CAN I HELP?
There are plenty of ways you can help.
- MAKE A FINANCIAL DONATION. The COVID-19 crisis has resulted in considerable unplanned expenses for the Food Bank. Please click HERE to make a donation
- DONATE COMMODITIES TO THE FOOD BANK. Food and toiletry items can be dropped off at our warehouse at 9820 Dino Drive Suite 140, during warehouse hours of 10 am to 4 pm, Mondays through Fridays, and from 9 am to noon on Saturdays. For a list of our most needed items, please click HERE.
- VOLUNTEER. We need volunteers! Please click HERE for our volunteer registration forms or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Safety Guidelines:
We are following the recommended guidelines of the Sacramento Public Health Department and California Department of Public Health, in addition to best practices, as established by Feeding America to ensure safety. The Food Bank is taking the following proactive and necessary steps to help reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Making hand sanitizers available.
- Providing gloves and masks to all volunteers handling food at our warehouse and mobile distribution sites.
- Advising people to avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Advising staff and volunteers to stay home if they display signs of illness or come in contact with affected individuals.
- Increasing the visibility and importance of hand washing with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Recommending no hand shaking or hugging.
- Sanitizing surfaces, door handles, chairs, and countertops.
- Implementing plans for social distancing.
- Communicating health and safety plans on a daily basis.
In our lifetimes, we have never faced a crisis like what we are seeing with COVID-19. We want to continue to ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and the residents we serve. Elk Grove Food Bank Services is doing everything possible to get food out as quickly and as safely as possible. We are thankful for our generous supporters who have reached out in our greatest time in need.
No matter how you choose to get involved, know that your efforts will make the future a bit brighter for those in need during this difficult time.