Elk Grove Food Bank is seeking a Warehouse Manager. Elk Grove Food Bank Services (EGFBS), a local non-profit organization serving families and individuals in need since 1974, offers food, clothing and support services in Elk Grove and surrounding areas in South County. A staff of 12 and hundreds of volunteers accomplish the mission of the Food Bank “to provide essential resources to overcome the many faces of hunger and human need.” For more information, please visit www.elkgrovefoodbank.org.
The Warehouse Manager oversees the administrative and operational functions of the warehouse. This individual is responsible for directing the activities of the warehouse overall performance of the operation including the safety, quality, accuracy, productivity and data auditing for inventory purposes.
The Warehouse Manager is responsible for the following tasks:
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the warehouse, staff and volunteers, to ensure excellent customer services to member agencies and the community
- Ensures facility and equipment is in compliance with all federal and State OSHA, responsible for pest control and sanitation. Assures regulatory policies and guidelines are in place
- Develop instructions and procedural manuals pertaining to the warehouse department in relation to product rotation, cleaning schedule, etc.
- Ensures the timely unloading of donations, all perishable products are inspected for quality, all items are properly inventoried and necessary forms are signed and reported in a timely manner
- Develop goals and performance processes for warehouse. Coordinate and schedule all donation pick-ups and product delivery. Ensure safe and efficient operation of fleet.
- Three to five years in warehouse management and supervisory role preferably in a food industry setting
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication and problem-solving skills
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, clients and donors
- Advanced knowledge of warehouse operations, practices, procedures and standards
- Proven track record of dependability with an impeccable safety and attendance record
- Proven ability to handle multiple responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet all physical requirements of the job (occasionally lifting and carrying objects weighing up to 50 lbs., moving pallets up to 2,000 lbs., etc.
- Salary position. Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 4:00 pm; occasional weekends, holidays and weekday hours as needed.
- Position is based in a warehouse and occasionally on the road at programs.
The purpose of this job description is to provide an over-view of the scope of the position. This is not a complete list of duties and responsibilities; other duties and responsibilities may be assigned. Interested applicants should email a recent resume to Eileen at Eileen.email@example.com or Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org, drop off at Food Bank or fax to 916.714.9931.