Whether it is students needing school clothes, mothers needing baby clothes, men and women reentering the work force, or families needing to use their income to pay bills, the Elk Grove Food Bank Services Clothes Closet is here to help. In 2008 over 3,500 families, students, and adults returning to the workplace benefited from the services of the Clothes Closet.
Who is Eligible?
- Residents of the following zip codes 95624, 95757, 95758, 95828, 95829, 95683, 95693, 95759, and the homeless.
- Residents of the Elk Grove Unified School District.
How Do I Apply?
- Provide photo ID for adults and any kind of ID for children living in the home.
- Provide proof of residency.
Elk Grove Food Bank Services Food Closet
9820 Dino Drive, Ste.140
Elk Grove, CA 95624 (Map)
Clothing Distribution and Hours:
Monday - Friday, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, 9:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Summer Heat Hours:
During extreme heat conditions clothing distribution operations will close at 12:30 p.m. We consider a forecast of 105oF extreme heat.
- Mobile Pantry -serving farm workers in the Franklin area once a month with food, clothes and blankets.
- Elk Grove Unified School District Requests – serving students of the Elk Grove Unified School District. An EGUSD employee who recognizes a need for clothing may fill out a Request for Clothing form which is available from Healthy Start offices. EGFBS volunteers will fill the request and send it through district mail to the child’s school.