The mission of Elk Grove Food Bank Services is:
To provide essential resources to overcome the many faces of hunger and human need.
Established in 1974, the Elk Grove Food Bank Services is a critical component to the welfare of the Elk Grove community, providing food, clothing and resources to our neighbors in need. Funded by churches, individual donors, foundations, businesses, grants and local and federal governments; the Food Bank serves roughly 3,000 individuals a month which comes to 36,000 encounters annually. Of the Food Bank’s emergency food recipients, 29% are children and 19% are seniors and most clients are among the working poor, on a fixed income, or unemployed.
Programs & Services
- Emergency Food Program, ensures low-income families and individuals have access to healthy food through distribution of nutritionally balanced food boxes.
- Senior Brown Bag provides low-income seniors with supplemental bags of nutritious, healthy groceries.
- Wellness Bag program provides nutritional bags of groceries to homebound individuals who are medically fragile.
- USDA Federal Commodities, a federal food distribution program.
- Mobile Pantry delivers food boxes to remote clients without transportation. We serve migrant/seasonal farm workers and their families in rural Franklin, seniors at the Seasons Affordable Apartment Complex and churches in the Elk Grove area.
- Weekend Meals provides groceries once a month for weekend meals served at Elk Grove United Methodist Church.
- After-school Snacks provides healthy snack alternatives to the Teen Center USA of Elk Grove.
- Clothes Closet collects, refurbishes and distributes clothes to families and individuals. Many of the individuals assisted by the clothes closet are school children and their families, adults returning to the workplace and the homeless.
- Support Works, promotes the well-being and economic empowerment for men and women through job development, GED preparation, ESL classes, help navigating public assistance programs, and case management.
How You Can Help
The operation of Elk Grove Food Bank Services relies on the generosity of hundreds of people who donate time, money and food each year to help those less fortunate in our community. There are many ways you can help the Food Bank:
- Donate Food/Clothing - Host a food/clothing drive at your school, business or church. Consider a specialized drive; call us to see what items are in need (i.e., Ensure, lean protein, socks and shoes).
- Donate Time - Volunteers are an essential part of the Food Bank operations. Volunteers sort and pack food, serve on fundraising committees, assist with office projects and special events.
- Make a Financial Donation.
- Invite a member of our staff or Board to make a presentation to your business, civic or faith community.
Location: 9820 Dino Drive, Suite 140. Elk Grove, CA 95624
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 1447 • Elk Grove, CA 95759 • (916) 685-8453 • Fax (916) 714-9931
www.elkgrovefoodbank.org Federal Tax ID# 38-366-4737